Whether, whether, whether, whether you like it or not
Weather, weather, weather, weather is cold, warm and hot
(from Veggie Tales, Silly Songs with Larry)
Weather, weather, weather, weather is cold, warm and hot
(from Veggie Tales, Silly Songs with Larry)
I have been totally and completely spoiled by Southern California weather. Who wouldn't be? 70 degrees is the norm year round. Of course with some hot and some fairly cold days, but overall it is just the perfect weather. I think I took it for granted. I used to wonder why both my grandmothers, who live in South Dakota, would always mention the weather in their letters. Now I am beginning to understand. The weather really does affect your life. Here it seems you just never know what to expect - freezing one day, sunny and warm the next.
Yesterday was rainy from time to time. Taking three little ones out in the rain is just way too much work, but the boys were a bit antsy and needed to release their energy. It was overcast but not too cold, so I sent them to the backyard with their rainboots and figured they would find some great mud puddles to play in. Boys and mud - it's quite a combination filled with unlimited possibilities. Then it started raining, lightly at first, but increasing with time. I asked them repeatedly if they wanted to go in. No way, they were having a great time. Didn't seem to bother them at all that they were soaking wet. In fact they begged me repeatedly to join them. No way, us girls are enjoying the nice, dry indoors while watching them out the window. I finally convinced them to come in, stripped them down and wrapped them in towels. Matt right away went to his room and fell asleep - yes, it did work to release that energy!
Boys, boys, boys... never a dull moment...


No comments:
Post a Comment