I hold many jobs here at home, including nurse, teacher, housecleaner, counselor, entertainer. Oh there are many more that could be added. Thankfully my awesome hubby has taken over the cook and accountant roles, and wonderful, wonderful Carol comes over twice a month to do the deep house cleaning. I cherish both of them.
Last year, my mom heard on the Today Show that a stay-at-home mom estimated salary is over $100,000. She called me right away to encourage me. (Click here for the article) As useless as a price tag is, it actually does make me feel pretty good. I am doing a valuable job after all!
This week I have been overwhelmed with the nursing aspect of the job. Three sick little children and I struggle to maintain my courteous bedside manner when... well you really don't want to know. Let's just say a nasty stomach virus has invaded our home in conjuction with a nasty cold. Now I have never had any nursing training but I do have the God-given Mommy-ness that provides comfort through the storms of childhood. Don't you still want your Mom when you're sick? I know I do.
Being a stay-at-home mom has been the most challenging and rewarding job I have done yet. The hours are incredibly long, the "customers" are very demanding, but the pay is absolutely supreme - little arms wrapped around my neck while "I love you Mommy" is whispered in my ear. I can't say I always enjoy it but I know I wouldn't trade this for the world!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment