Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yep, I knew he was a keeper

I was getting Matt dressed for church this morning when we had this wonderful conversation.

"I like that shirt," Matt says.

"Yes, it's from Aunt Darci," I reply while thinking "Thank God" because he is extremely picky about his clothes.

"These are my favorite socks. They're JD's socks."

"You look so handsome! You are so handsome that I want to kiss you."

"No!" he yells with a huge grin and runs away.

But then he comes back, folds himself into my arms and says,

"You're beautiful."

Wow, the adoration of a young boy to his mother. It's an amazing thing. I treasure memories of JD holding my face in his chubby young hands, looking at me like I was the most wonderful person ever. Or the day he said he wanted to marry me when he grew up. These are moments that I hold in my heart.

1 comment:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I can't wait! I know how beautiful the mother-daughter relationship is and I'm looking forward to learning more about the mother-son relationship. That is precious!!