Lane was telling JD this morning that he was going to take a test in his class. JD didn’t know what a test was so Lane made up five questions and gave JD a test. They had a lot of fun, and I think I heard that JD only missed one.
After Lane left for class JD said to me, “Let’s do a contest. It’ll be easy because you’re not as smart as Daddy.” To which I started laughing and he quickly added, “but you are smart.”
I made up a few questions about the solar system based on the Magic School Bus book we had read yesterday. I actually was amazed at how much he remembered about it. I myself get a bit confused about which planets are which. And this was an “old” book with Pluto included as one of the nine planets. What is the new solar system? I think I remember reading that it is now 8 major planets and Pluto is considered a minor (dwarf) planet along with a few other small ones that I cannot remember the names. Let me look that up and find a link for us all…
Here’s some good information on Wikipedia, a free online encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_system
Fascinating stuff! Isn’t God’s creation amazing?! See, I am too smart… at least I can look it up and appear smart!
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment