Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pregnancy update

Perhaps since this is my fourth pregnancy I should be used to this amazing miracle forming inside me. I am not. It still amazes me. I am just entering the second trimester and already the baby is basically a miniature person, with tiny working organs and fingerprints! All that in only 3 1/2 inches!

I saw the OB this week and all seemed fine though I was disappointed that we could not hear the heartbeat yet. The doctor said it was too early. He scheduled an ultrasound for the next appointment in 4 weeks. I love those! Seeing those little tiny hands and feet moving around. All so amazing! And hopefully it won't be too early to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Our other three baby ultrasounds were closer to 20 weeks but this one will only be at 16 weeks. So we may be having a surprise whether we want to or not!

I feel good, rarely nauseous, though often tired. I have finally pulled out the maternity clothes as my pants were fitting too snug. This is the hard transition time for pregnancy where you feel pretty rotund but not yet with that cute little baby belly. So the maternity clothes hang on me but it feels better to have the extra room.

J.D. is still convinced that he is getting both a brother and a sister this time. We explained again this week that God has only given us one baby in mommy's belly. He was quite disappointed. What a big heart he has and what a wonderful big brother he is!

5 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I am so glad that you're in the 2nd trimester. I don't know about you, but that's when I finally feel human again!! =) It sounds like the pregnancy is progressing well.

PS I LOVE the new photos of you guys. What a beautiful family!!

Jen Rouse said...

That stage of pregnancy where you're bigger but not really pregnant-looking yet is the worst. Maybe I'm just too concerned about how I look but I always wanted to go around wearing a sign that says: "I'm pregnant, not just fat!"

Gorgeous picture of you and your husband!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling good! Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will be easy :)

Kristin said...

What? You're pregnant? Congratulations! Do you plan to find out what you will be having or do you want it to be a surprise?

Kristin said...

Congratulations. This is news to me so I know I need to check your site more often than I have been. Let me know how you are doing.