Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pregnancy update - 30 weeks

The countdown has begun. I cannot believe that it's nearly 2 months away before we become a family of six. Wow!

All is going normally with the pregnancy. It's not necessarily the most comfortable time of life but it's not so bad either. I have bursts of energy where I can get all sorts of things done, though for some reason it's rarely things I have on my growing To Do list. Like yesterday I was out weeding the front planter. Why? I don't even like gardening. Blame it on the nesting thing.

But mostly I rest often, ignoring the piles of dishes and laundry and leftover Easter stuff.

And nap, whenever the kids will let me sneak in at least a short one.

And excercise - what's that? My back burns and I'm ready for a nap after a short walk down to our neighborhood park.

I passed the glucose test last month, which is a test to see if you have gestational diabetes. That test always does make me nervous. I'm a huge fan of sweets! But I've passed with each pregnancy, so I'm thankful for that.

I'll be seeing a doctor every two weeks now. They are also rotating me through all the doctors at the hospital, since I will get whichever one is on-call the day of delivery. Yesterday I saw a new guy. He was very nice and mentioned with a fourth pregnancy that the baby could be here as early as two weeks. That would be great with me! Each of my other children have been born around a week early.

I've gained somewhat over 20 pounds so far, I think. Seems like with the other three pregnancies that I gained around 35 pounds total. We just won't talk about how much of that I still have...

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

30 weeks already?! Where has the time gone?! Hang in there, the countdown has started! I can't wait to "meet" your little girl!

Anonymous said...

Girl! I know to you this probably isn't so, but this time has flown by! So WHERE are your belly shots?? And ONLY 20 something in weight gain? Mama, you rock!!!