Preparations for the new baby are going well. I got her clothes out of storage, washed, and put away. Lane & I went through Moriah’s closet, clearing it out to allow room for all that baby stuff. Lane rearranged our bedroom to make a spot for the crib. And Lane purchased an infant car seat for us with fancy EPS foam – first baby to get such a comfy ride!
Even the kids are anticipating our new arrival in their own little ways.
Yesterday JD asked why he is only getting a baby sister if he asked God for a baby sister and a baby brother. Says he really wants a baby brother. Well? I do suppose that ultrasound tech may be wrong and this one is a boy, but we are surely not getting both this time. I so appreciate his heart being so big and open to embracing siblings.
Moriah is very enamored with babies. She takes great care of her baby dolls, holding them, feeding them, reading to them, changing their diapers, and tucking them into bed. She is so cute! I imagine she will love and love on the new baby. It amazes us to see the mothering and nurturing instinct in her already. I don’t think it ever crossed the boys’ minds to diaper one of their stuffed animals, until Moriah came along.
Matt seems excited too. I was surprised yesterday that he brought me a stuffed dragon and asked me to take care of his baby. He handed me a baby bottle and a school bus filled with stuffed frogs, saying I was to feed the baby with these. And asked me to be sure to “wok” the baby. So I walked him. “No, no, wok. Like in a wok-ing chair.” Oh, right! Later in the day, he brought the dragon baby and a dinosaur baby in to lay with me as I was just waking up from a nap. When I mumbled about needing to get up and shower, he ran off with his babies and gave them a pretend bath in the baby bath. Then he brought them back to me wrapped in towels and brought diapers for me to dress them (having had to “tiptoe, tiptoe” into Moriah’s room, since she was napping, to retrieve the diapers). It was so cute! He has given us so many glimpses of his tender heart lately.
Few more weeks and we’ll see how prepared we really are for a new baby…
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You are such a great mom! i'm sure you are super prepared! I love the picture! This week is VBS! I'll really miss doing it with you... we had a lot of fun last year! Take care of your self!Love, Leanne
Hey, do you want me to mail you the glider we used for Audrey? She's too big for it now, and it's taking up a lot of space that we don't have.
I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is progressing! Oh how blessed you are with your three kiddos and the fourth on the way. It sounds like everyone is going to adjust really well!
Too cute!! I love the part about feeding a school bus full of frogs to the dragon!
Post a Comment