Sunday, June 10, 2007

Our precious toddler

I find myself staring in wonder at Moriah all the time. She is so incredible; I'm quite enamored with her. I was wondering lately if my posts about her have sounded negative. I really don't mean them to. She's just a toddler, full of energy and curiosity, and requires a great deal of attention. She can easily put herself in dangerous situations several times throughout a day. That alone can wear out a mommy.


She is also learning how to voice her opinion to us. She's uncertain about trusting our boundaries and tries to break through them again and again. She has this adorable little glare that she gives us when we say "no" and she doesn't agree. It makes us laugh every time, but I don't think that was the reaction she was hoping for.

Toddlerhood is fun though. It's amazing how much she learns and grows each day. Her sweet smile and adorable voice greet me every morning. We love the way she is forming her sentences. The flow of the sentence isn't quite there yet - it's more a few independent words that happen to be said close together. It's very cute. Her favorite phrases these days are "baby juice" (wants the baby doll's bottle of juice) and "baby siba" (wants to read a story to baby).



She's also hilarious and loves to giggle. Last week we took a little drive through the forest. With JD asking Lane to use the "punch it" pedal and Matt asking him to use the "go fast" pedal, he sped off through the forest. Moriah started giggling away. Then when he stopped she said "Whoa!" and giggled more. So it isn't only the boys who are daredevils.

I was content being a mom of boys - never had those dreams of pink and pigtails. But now I love having a precious little girl. I love everything from the tea parties to the pretty dresses. She is so girly and I love that about her. She's super cuddly and loving too. Of course, I love that!

I am grateful beyond words to be her mommy. What a delight and joy!

5 comments:

Julie said...

You have a beautiful family. I enjoyed my visit to your blog today.

Best Wishes on the new baby. I am a little envious. I love being pregnant and having a new little one around. We have five and I am not sure if we will be blessed again. Enjoy!

Have a great Monday.
Julie

Kenny and Jen said...

She is getting so big! She is going to make a great big sister helping you "take care" of the new baby :) She is so sweet!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Wow! She is so big and beautiful. I can't believe I started reading your blog over a year ago, when she was just a baby. While toddlerhood is trying, there always seem to be moments when it makes it all worth it, huh?!

Christy said...

She is so sweet! I love that she was reading ot three different babies :)

Sheree said...

she is precious. "enamored" is a good word... I am always staring at my little girl and marveling at the way she is made, too.