Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Reunited

Today is my grandparent's anniversary. It is also the day that my grandma is laid to rest right beside her husband. It is quite beautiful that they are symbolically reunited on this day.

I wanted to go through my photo albums and post a few pictures of my grandma through the years. Maybe even post some wonderful memories besides remembering how I loved eating pancakes for dinner with her and grandpa. But, alas, I did not get a chance and likely won't. I did get some laundry folded and even put away today (woo-hoo!) but we won't talk about the dishes...

Anyway, here's a picture of our brief but wonderful visit with my grandma several months ago on our crazy cross-country trip. I'm so glad we took the time to drive through South Dakota so we could hug her one last time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy,

You and your family are in my prayers. Lean on God, he's with you in all things!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Joy. It sounds like she lived a full, joyful life. =)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I am so glad you all were able to spend some time together. What a great shot. I am sorry for your loss. It is always hard when we miss someone here, but so good to know we'll be reunited in heaven!

I was thinking about you today. I had a hard day (to say the least) and of course, you popped into my mind as you love and care for your kiddos through easy and tough days all on your own right now. I prayed for you as I took the kids for a drive :)