I had the parachute ball all ready to go.
I folded up the little parachute, tucked it up inside the hollow ball, latched it together, swung it around a few times and launched it into the air.
After about three tries, I finally figured out how to get it high enough that the ball opens, the parachute deploys, and they both come floating softly to the ground.
Wonderful. Now I'm ready to impress the children.
Matt and Moriah see what I'm doing and quickly come over before I can even call them. They sit close together on the grass, looking at me with anticipation.
What a beautiful moment. This is going to be great. After their awes of admiration watching the parachute float down, I'll remind them of doing this with Daddy. It'll warm their hearts to remember fun times with Daddy. Oh, how perfect. Here we go.
I cast off the ball with perfect aim, right for...
The tree.
It catches in the branches.
It's way too high for me to ever reach.
Moriah bursts into tears, quickly turning into shrieks of fear. I frantically usher her inside and away from the 'scary' parachute dangling from the tree.
Not exactly the memorable moment I was hoping for.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
LOL! I'm so sorry! At least it's somthing to laugh at :) Chloe has been all excited about being in upwards cheerleading with our church. Until she got to practice on a big field and saw all the bugs. She was absolutely hysterical and the helper had to carry her several times. Not the fun activity we were planning!
Total LOL!!! I have these ideal moments quite often.
I can just imagine all their anticipation.
Oh I hate when stuff like that happens! are you able to get it down at all or is it to far up in the tree?
Oh, but definately memorable! Loved that! LOL LOL.
Their reactions are priceless.
Glad you can keep your sense of humor and irony. One day you can all read this post and laugh.
ohhh... bummer!
Oh Joy, this story made me smile. At least you gave it your best shot, right? Thinking of you and the kids...
Post a Comment