Thursday, January 31, 2008

Best day turns to boring

This morning:

Me: "JD, we won't be able to do storytime at the library today because the other kids are sick. Instead we'll take a sick day, probably read a bit, play video games, and watch a lot of movies."

JD: "This is going to be the best day!"

This evening:

Me: "Boys, please go play in your room for awhile, and I'll be up soon to get you ready for bed."

JD: "But my room is boring."

Me: "Boring? You have lots of toys and a climbing wall!"

JD: "You don't understand Mom, to a kid when a house is familiar it's boring. Even video games are boring."

Me: "Great, then we'll stop playing video games."

JD: "Well, they're only boring some of the time."

2 comments:

Christy said...

LOL, doesn't their logic just make you laugh sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love reading what your kids say, you are so good at capturing their moments! I am trying to get better at this!