Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yet again, they crack me up

We were at the neighborhood park the other day and there was an eleven year old boy playing in the tree fort. The boy told JD that a five year old was too young to climb up with him.

JD said, "But I'm five and a nickel."

"You can't be five and a nickel," said the boy. "Five's a number. A nickel is money."

"But you can be five and a quarter," JD replied.

---------------------------------------------------------

Matt was cutting out shapes and making up stories. He made up a story combining Easter with Jack & the Beanstalk and a bit of Little Red Riding Hood. It was called "The Giant Little Guy eats God & Jesus." (Don't worry, the good guys won in the end.)

---------------------------------------------------------

Moriah isn't one to sit long for movies or television (this is a good thing, I'm not complaining!). But this week she has discovered Dora and has watched the same episode over and over and over again.

The other night we decided to take the family to a free movie at the base theater. It was Little Mermaid. We were hoping Moriah could be interested enough to make it through (with a bit of popcorn and candy incentives).

The movie had barely started and she asked, "Can you turn the dark off?"

She made it about halfway through and asked, "Can we leave the dark?"

So us girls hung in the lobby instead. No dark there. Comfy couches instead.

Though she was willing to reenter the dark. But only if Dora was playing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy,
I so enjoy reading your blog! I hope the family is adjusted to dad being home.
laura

Mary@notbefore7 said...

That was so cute! I love the 5 and a quarter...true true!

Sheree said...

how funny! Abigail said the same thing about turning the dark off.