Yesterday we enjoyed having a day down at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis. It is an incredible museum. The boys love it. I think Lane enjoys playing just as much as they do. I enjoy watching them explore and use their imaginations. J.D. spent about 20 minutes at just one spot, playing with these magnetic puzzle pieces and making up stories. It was very cute. He asked me a few times if we needed to leave and I would say "We go wherever you want here." He thought this was wonderful! Matt loved the many "just for kids" spots they have where you have to crawl through or under something to get to it. Moriah just loved being carried all over in the Baby B'jorn and smiling at the everyone.
We spent about 5 hours there and went through 5 exhibits, which isn't even half of the museum. Our last spot was the Carousel exhibit where they did ride the carousel and then spent quite some time pretending in the ice cream parlor. We ate banana splits, chocolate dipped strawberries, and lots of ice cream. Then, of course, we had to get a real ice cream cone on our way out. It was a great time. We forgot to bring the camera so I don't have any pics to post. Maybe next time. We have an annual membership and we've visited 3 times so far, I think. Each time we've done a little different things and it has always been a great experience.
Lane & I find that we love to get out and explore. When we were first married we spent a lot of time hiking and camping. We've done a little of that with children but not quite as often. Also when we lived in California we would be on the road often to go visit family, who are spread all over southern and central CA.
When we moved here to Indiana last summer, we both had the itch to get out and explore everything. We've been able to get to quite a few places, even with a new baby. We've been to Indianapolis many times, especially to the zoo and this museum. Indianapolis is a very interesting city. The downtown area is full of fun places to visit. We've barely scratched the surface there. We've been over to Kokomo to visit a car museum and out to the Grissom Air Museum. We spent several days up in northern Indiana, exploring a chocolate factory in South Bend (& getting a quick look at Notre Dame), fishing at our campground in Angola, and driving up into Michigan to enjoy the fall colors. Also in the fall, we went to the Covered Bridge Festival in Parke County, which was incredibly beautiful.
I'm beginning to think that we will never outgrow this adventerous spirit. I'm so glad that we both share this desire and that our children are willing to let us pack them up in the car so often.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment