She's 6 months old, sitting up on her own, rolling both ways, laughing, playing peek-a-boo, trying very hard to communicate and just plain stealing our hearts.I hold her a lot. I just can't help it. She is so sweet and cuddly. Matt is fond of reminding me "Put Riah down" so that I can play with him. I would probably cuddle her all day if there just weren't other things that needed to be done.
I love her reaction when she hasn't seem me for even just a few minutes. Her face lights up in a smile and her hands reach out to touch me. Warms my heart every time.
She is already doing her first sign. Not because we have taught her any signs yet but just something she made up herself - bouncing her little fist over her mouth when she is tired. (A little background: we use sign language to help communicate with our children before they can talk. Just a few simple ones like "more", "please", "milk") In the minivan, she is in the middle seat facing backwards to the boys in the backseat. I love to hear them talking together. Every once in awhile, Moriah just bursts out laughing at her brothers. And they love to do anything silly to get her to laugh. Both of the boys are so good to her, bringing her toys, trying to cheer her up with she's crying, giving her sweet little kisses.
Yes, there is some jealousy from the boys towards their baby sister. And yes, Moriah can be a handful sometimes, especially at nightime these days. But we prefer to focus on the positive. We are just so blessed and thankful for these precious little children.
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-5
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-5


No comments:
Post a Comment