Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cute little boys

Here are two cute little boy stories that I just wanted to write down before I forget them.

The first story is about Matt. He is a little over 2 years old and we are continually amazed at how rapidly his communication skills are developing.

A few nights ago, we were getting the boys ready for bed. Matt is very particular about having the door closed, the light off, and the music on before he feels settled. J.D. was heading for the bathroom and had some trouble getting the bedroom door opened.

Matt encouraged "Try, try, try again!" Still it wouldn't open.

Matt is helpful once again "Matt open it." And he does.

"There you go J.D." This is the LITTLE brother helping the BIG brother. Very cute.

The second story is about J.D. He is almost 4 years old.

Yesterday I was in the laundry room loading some clothes into the washer. I hear the boys have some sort of argument and then run by the laundry room door. I asked them to come talk to me. Matt was hiding (a sure sign that he did something wrong) but J.D. came over to me.

"J.D. what happened?" I asked

Of course he started off with "Matt did..."

I reply, "Ok but let's focus on you. What did you do?"

He pointed over his left shoulder, "I didn't do anything over there."

I pointed over his right shoulder "What did you do over there?"

Oh, that was a different story. Nice try kid!

No comments: