Last night was one of those nights. One of those nights that you pray do not happen again. Last night Moriah was inconsolable.
It is a guessing game with babies, especially when it's the middle of the night and my brain is not functioning. Tummy ache? Maybe - she had been spitting up a great deal all day long. Teething? Maybe - she was pushing the burp cloth into her mouth.
I tried all the remedies that I had available - drug her up and surely she will sleep. Nope. I tried walking, I tried bouncing, I tried burping, I tried rocking. Nothing, nothing was working.
After about an hour of the screaming, Lane came to take the mid-night shift. God bless him. Boy did that make Moriah mad. But I really appreciated the little break to catch my breath and refocus on how valuable she is. And of course I couldn't stay away from her for long.
She lunged for me as soon as she saw me and calmed right down. Then she leaned over to Daddy and gave him a few pats on his arm as if to say thanks for trying. "Thanks for the encouragement sweetheart," he responded. I guess a little break from mommy helped with her perspective too.
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It is so nice to hear someone else is human like me, I have had so many of those times with Elijah. I find myself crying and doing alot of praying.....
Post a Comment