Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sticky travels

I am an engineer at heart. It comes out whenever I try to do photo albums, where I spend way too much time getting the sequential order of the pictures figured out before I put them in the album. Consequently, I am about 2 years behind on my photo albums. I am plagued with this desire to keep things in order. Though perhaps if you have been to my house you will disagree because I am a bit organizationally challenged at home, especially with the little ones helping out. But there are a few things that I work very hard on, like books on the shelf and photos in albums. Now I am trying to write up some fun stories from our vacation in Florida, but it is taking too long to put everything in the proper order. And children do not like to give me a big chunk of time to devote to this. So I will just get over it and throw out a few random posts about our trip. The first will be about our plane trip, since it is the freshest in my mind. Here goes...

I came off the plane with spit-up all over my shoulder, slober drenching my shirt, and sticky sandals on my feet. I think one word can summarize our trip: SPILLS. We had several, starting with J.D. dumping my full cup of root beer at the airport. Matt poured a glass of ice over himself on the plane, then a bit later he dropped a bottle of fruit punch all over our bag and shoes on the floor.

Yet, I would say that the travel went relatively well. We go with the expectation that sitting still in a confined space will be difficult for the children, especially Matt (2 year olds are not known for their ability to sit still). However Moriah fell asleep snuggled in the Baby B'Jorn, J.D. stay entertained with coloring and movies, and Matt kept in constant motion but did pretty well being redirected to other activities. Lane & I were even able to read a bit.

We arrived home late last night and it feels so good to be home. Home sweet home. I'll write more about the trip later but for now I am going to enjoy being back at home.

No comments: