Friday, May 19, 2006

They don't stand a chance

It's three on three now. Three adults. Three children. They don't stand a chance. Yeah, that's exactly what the kids are thinking.

So the conversation went between Lane and his sister on our first day in Florida. It was extremely helpful to have an extra adult around but the children did succeed in exhausting all three of us.

J.D. especially enjoyed having Aunt Sis with us. He bombarded her with all his knowledge the first day.

"Aunt Sis, I live in Indiana now."

"I know J.D." she would reply.

"How did you know that?" he would ask.

"Aunt Sis, I'm four years old now."

"I know, you had a birthday."

"How did you know that?"

She had to fly back to California a day before us. After returning to the hotel from the airport, we found Matt searching through all the closets.

"Matt what are you doing?"

"Hide-n-seek with Aunt Sis." She was hiding really well!

Oh and we really like her too. She is one of those really, really kind and generous people. I think she is gifted in serving - she is so quick to see a need and jump in to fix it. How I wish I could be like her in this. I think I am gifted in compassion, lending a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen, so I suppose I see emotional needs but tangible, physical needs are not obvious to me. It takes me a lot of thought and prayer to figure out how to serve someone else. But it seems to flow naturally from her. She is an amazing woman. We highly value her. Can't wait until the next vacation we can spend together.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yeah for Aunt Sis! =) Don't you just love it when people know how to dig in and help where needed?! It sounds like you all had a wonderful trip!