Friday, July 07, 2006

Kansas City friends

We drove down to Kansas City last weekend to visit with our friends, Kyle & Angela. Like us, they have three children. Three cute little boys. We invaded their home with our family of 5 to double the capacity. Can you imagine? TEN people. SIX kids. What a wildly good time!

J.D. was very excited about our trip. Even though we only see them about once a year, J.D. really remembers them, especially their oldest son, Luke. J.D. adores Luke, who is 5 years old, a year older than J.D. I think this picture says more about their friendship than I can write.

Our middle children, Matt & Max, made quite a team. Our Matt is 2 1/2. Their Max is 3. These two mischievious minds found lots of adventures, especially when it involved dirt. They were so cute together. Barreling through life and enjoying the ride.

Our babies, Moriah & Levi, were born two weeks apart. They even enjoyed playing together. Moriah was amazed at having someone her size to check out.

The initial purpose of the trip was for Lane to help Kyle work on his basement. They have a new home with an unfinished basement. The house is amazing! Angela is very talented with decorating. The guys got a little plumbing work done and a few decorations hung on the walls, but really didn't get far. We mainly hung out together, with their families, with their church friends, and with all our little ones.

It was so good to be there. I'm really at a loss for how to write about it. I want to express how very important all of them are to us. And I keep remembering back to my last visit there nearly 2 years ago. For a time of mourning when Kyle's mom was killed in an auto accident. Devastating time. As soon as Lane got the phone call about the accident, he knew he needed to get out there and be with Kyle. Kyle, who was the rock of a friend when Lane's father passed away. Of course he would be there. The logistics took some time to figure out, but we flew out there with our two little boys and surprised Kyle's entire family. Immediately, they pulled us in and treated us like a part of the family for all the funeral services and family gatherings. There is something just so special between Lane & Kyle. I cannot seem to put my finger on it, but I see it and all of Kyle's family sees it. All I can figure is that it's a God thing.

Well, if you want more about the trip, check out our pictures by clicking this link. Kyle took most of these so I can take no credit for the great photography.

No comments: