Thursday, August 31, 2006

Our Biblical Scholar

"Mommy, if Jesus died for our sins, then why do we still sin?" JD asked today.

Wow, what a question from a 4 year old!

We were driving in the mini-van, with Matt singing at the top of his lungs, as he normally does, so I did my best to answer his question with an illustration of Jesus bridging the gap between us and God. "Does that make sense?"

"Um, not really. If God is everywhere, is he on the street?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Chloe's most asked question about God this past week is, "Does God have the longest arms of all?"

But isn't their curiosity great!

Leanne said...

I think that is so exciting that he asked that question! You talk enough about the Lord that he is curious! When Christopher tries to say "Jesus" he turns it into a 3 syllable word...that or he is speaking in tongues and I just don't realize it!!
Hee, Hee!