Our little town here has a nice short term childcare facility. I was skeptical about it at first, but checked it out because it was located right across from Curves, where I should be working out but I use the excuse that I can't because of the kids. The kids love to play there. The workers are all very kind. And it's never very busy, often only one or two other kids besides mine. Though I actually don't use it for Curves yet, because Moriah is just starting to get used to other people watching her. But I do use it to drop off the boys once a week, while Moriah & I do errands and shopping.
Anyway, I have this ability to stick my foot in my mouth quite often. You may have wondered why I'm such a quiet person. Well, my philosophy is:
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
One day, while dropping off the boys, I got to talking with one of the gals there. She has three little ones like me. She often brings her 1 year old to work with her, her oldest is in school, and the middle one she puts in preschool every day. Now I don't know why I said this but it just popped out, "So you enjoy other people's kids but not your own?" Oh, dear Lord, did I really say that?! How rude! But you know, once it's out, it's really hard to back track.
Then last week, when I was dropping off the boys, this other gal that I hadn't met before, was gushing over Moriah and said, "Awww, look at her. What is that? Grape juice?"
"No, charcoal."
I am quite serious. My baby drinks charcoal. I mixed it with Gatorade. She loved it!
Did I scare ya?
Well, the full story is that she ate a mushroom out of our backyard and I was just following the directions given to me by the poison control center. Charcoal keeps the poison from being absorbed or something important like that. (She's fine by the way. Probably wasn't a poisonous mushroom but better to be cautious anyway.)
And then the next morning, I had a doctor's appointment and Lane had meetings so he couldn't watch the kids, so I brought all three of them there. When I picked them up, one gal (not the 3 kids one and not the charcoal one - another one) looked really concerned and asked me, "What did you feed Moriah for breakfast? Her poop was really black!"
Charcoal. It's a new favorite.
And finally, we took them there Friday evening for a special Date Night. When we picked them up, the also-has-3-kids gal said JD ate a LOT of pizza for dinner and told her he didn't have any breakfast or lunch.
Oh no, we only feed our children charcoal.
I really wonder what they think about us.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment