Tuesday, October 24, 2006

JD's turn

Remember last week how Matt & I went on a date? Last night was JD's turn for a night out with Mommy. And he wanted to do exactly the same thing as Matt & I did.

Unfortunately, he started the date with a bit of a headache, that he described as "pound-y". He came up with 3 reasons for it: his bouncy step, the chilly breeze, and my crazy driving making him hit his head on his car seat. Whatever the cause, we opted for a little Tylenol and a short nap to take care of it. Didn't I put Matt to sleep on our date too? I am just that exciting.

He asked if we could go to the McDonald's that had a TV. That one is about 20 minutes away, so I told him it was too far and besides we are suppose to talk on a date, not watch TV, and I enjoy talking to him. He said, in all the wonderful honesty of a child, that I don't talk to him and just lay around being lazy.

At McDonald's he told me that the spider web decorations were made out of cotton candy or regular cotton. And that he knows the spiders are toy spiders because they don't move.

On the way home, he went into an elaborate explanation of how I would recognize our house. Something about it being the one with the climbing tree and mulch (we had spent the weekend doing yard work). He said that if someone had "cut down the tree and swiped the mulch" that he would protect me from the bad guys.

I sure love that little man.

No comments: