Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice

Moriah's rocking chair

Having a little girl is so much fun. I have never had the "I must have a girl!" attitude and I was very content with my boys. I love all the fort making and enjoy the building and destroying of blocks. I tolerate the mud and puddle jumping and all such dirty boyish fun. I don't even flinch (anymore) when they bring me frogs and bugs and... well maybe that dead snake was a bit much... Really I love my boys. I don't understand 'em but I love 'em.

But having a little girl... wow is this different and so fun for me. She is bound to bit a tough having two bigger brothers but her softer side is often seen too. She already loves dolls and purses and bracelets and all other girly girl things. Just when I thought my days of caring for babies was over, I now spend a great deal of time feeding and rocking Moriah's baby doll. The poor baby has to drink "milk" out of mustard bottles and pop toys and eat baby food out of sand shovels... the results of accumulating many boy toys but only a few girly ones. (Ok, wonderful, generous family out there, this isn't a plea for more toys. We have plenty!)

Moriah & baby

Our blue eyed baby girl. She is a delight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful and so big!! I'm convinced that some of that girl-play (mommy, babies, etc.) is innate. I have no idea where Devyn picked up rocking, feeding, and singing to her babies but its so fun to watch...

Leanne said...

OOOHHH...she is so cute...
it almost makes me want one more, just to see if we could have a girl! Oh well, even if I don't ever have one, I can dote on other people's! She is absolutely adorable... she will break some hearts!