It was bound to come some day. The day you are shocked by the words coming out of your child's mouth. Did it have to come already?
As we were loading into the mini-van for our trip to gymnastics, JD said "Mommy, call me Hot-y." He is often coming up with crazy names, but this was a new one.
"Why do you want to be called that?"
"Because of my fire breath from eating all this spicy food."
Of course, what else would it be?
But the fun didn't stop there. As we are on our way a few minutes later, Matt pipes up, saying something in sing-song voice that just didn't sound good. I'd heard him say something similar a few days ago and brushed it off as having not understood him. Perhaps it was time for some clarification.
"Matt, what word are you saying?"
At the top of his lungs, he very clearly says, "Sh**, Sh**, Sh**!"
"Where did you hear that, honey?" WHERE DID HE HEAR THAT?!!
He tried to explain but he must have switched to another language because I didn't get it. So I tried to calmly explain that that is not a nice word and I do not want him to use it. Which brought JD's attention to the conversation and he spent the next 10 minutes drilling me with questions about words. Goodness gracious, who have these children been hanging out with?
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Kids will say the darndest things... =)
Post a Comment