Monday, November 06, 2006

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

I miss my kids! My mother with her awesome servant heart is watching them for us so that we can have a little time away.

We went up to her house the end of last week and spent the weekend there. What a great time! What incredible weather! She lives in San Luis Obispo, which may just be the perfect place to live (if money is not a problem...). She has a gorgeous house that is so warm and comfortable. I'd share a picture but I cannot figure out how to get pictures off my camera...

My aunt Eileen and uncle Don came up for the weekend and brought their three granddaughters, who mothered and adored on Moriah. We had so much fun, even went to the beach on both Friday and Sunday. Absolutely gorgeous! After a wonderful Sunday night dinner that my mom hosted for all her amazing friends, Lane & I left our little ones and headed back down here to Port Hueneme. Now Lane is in class and I am missing all the activity and noise of small children. I'll be taking the train back up tomorrow morning and cannot wait to see them again.

If you notice my previous post today (below) you can see that I have way too much time on my hands for rambling. I should really be working on the project Lane brought home from his work, asking me to help him get some Word & Excel documents to link automatically, but I think I'll go shopping instead!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

AAAHHH... San Luis Obispo... I remember it well. I don't have great memories of my life in California...but I LOVED the beaches and I loved the weather...and I really loved when I met some pretty normal people who lived there!! One of my favorite places was a beach called San Gregorio. I also loved Half Moon Bay...and if I could have a fantasy alter life... I would move my family to Napa... we would make wine and we would of course be faithful followers of Christ... California would be a conservative, Christian-loving state and chocolate would have zero calories!! Oh well, maybe in Heaven!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I so know what you're talking about. Jon and I just went away for a weekend by ourselves. While we truly enjoyed the time alone, we were missing Devyn by the time Sunday rolled around. Right there with you...

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo jealous! I wanna be there with you to go shopping in my beloved area! I hope you have a WONDERFUL time! Are you going to be there over a Sunday to visit Eve Free, too? {{swoon}} ;)