It’s official. I have received the positive pregnancy results from our military clinic. I have an OB and I have a due date (early July). Our fourth child is on the way! Wow! We took a home pregnancy test while out in California and shared the good news with our family there. It’s nice to get the ball rolling here with OB care though. So far I have had very normal pregnancies but I nonetheless worry.
I figure you probably have questions about all this. I have some myself. So I’ll throw out a few questions and answers here.
Was this fourth pregnancy planned?
Yes and No. No by us but Yes by God, always. With the exception of our firstborn, none of our children have been planned by us. Though this time, we were really trying not to get pregnant… but… well… “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” Proverbs16:9 (NKJ)
How are you feeling?
Pretty basically pregnant. Nauseous. Tired. Irritable. Excited. Anxious. Hungry. Amazed. I cannot complain too much. Many women get much sicker with pregnancy. So far I just get very nauseous and exhausted – then big and puffy but that comes later!
So, how close together are your children?
All less than 2 years. Pretty much when I quit nursing the baby, the next one starts. If you want to know exactly, JD & Matt are 21 months apart, Matt & Moriah are 20 months apart, Moriah & the baby will be 22 months apart. Do the math and that means my eldest JD will be 5 (not even in kindergarten yet) when this one is born. Yes, they are very close together!
Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?
Yes. It matters not to us. We have them both and we love them both. Of course, it would be convenient if we have another girl since I have all the girl baby clothes still but have passed on all the boy ones. Plus 2 boys and 2 girls sharing rooms would be ideal. But I love boys too!
Are you guys Mormons? Or Catholics?
I know I think it too when I see a large family. No, we are Christians. I cannot even tack a denomination label on us as we have attended many different churches from Calvary Chapel to Fundamentalist. We believe the Bible and we trust God.
How much is a quiver full?
Lane likes to use that “quiver full” phrase whenever he talks to other people about children. It’s in reference to a verse we keep hanging on our wall: “Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.” Psalm 127:3-5 (NIV) We really don’t know how much a quiver full is. Looks like four, so far, for us. Now I know I said above that we were trying to be done with three, but I meant physically. I just wasn’t sure I wanted to go through another pregnancy and delivery. But we didn’t feel that our quiver was full yet, and we were praying about and considering adopting.
How do you do it with so many little ones?
It is a lot. I am fully aware of that every day. Like today when Matt took off his poopy diaper and Moriah investigated the contents. Oh those are such good, good times! Children just are a lot of work. We’ve been overwhelmed since the first one arrived. It’s not an easy task but the rewards are there when we take the time to step back and look at them. Last night as JD was holding Moriah and talking so sweetly to her, Lane & I looked on with wonder and joy. Right now as I hear JD & Matt giggling and playing together, I know it’s all worth it. Of course I should intervene before the giggling turns to crying and fighting so I better go now…oh and Moriah is awake now too… back to it!
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Congratulations!!!
We are so excited for you guys!
Kenny wants you to consider the names... Kenny or Kendra :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I hope you have a girl...
I hope I have a girl one of these days...but whatever God gives you, it will be wonderful!!
Miss you... I"m very happy for all of you!!
Leanne
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Congratulations! I am so happy and thrilled for you guys! That's wonderful news!!
Congrats!! We are very happy for you!! God always has such interesting plans for us doesn't he? :)
Love ya,
Marla & Family
congratulations! It's good that you are trusting the Lord. These issues about "how much is a full quiver," whether or not to try and limit the number of children you have, etc., can be hard ones to discern. You seem to have a good perspective on it. May God bless you through your pregnancy and afterward.
Congratulations! I know if I find myself expecting #4 I will be really excited about the baby, but really dreadig another pregnancy! I hope the first trimester passes quickly and you get plenty of rest :)
Congratulations! I loved the Q&A
Post a Comment