JD is cracking us up lately. He is the self proclaimed expert on everything. He tells the guys at Lane's work, "I know everything except why it's muddy in the forest." Yet, he is always asking questions about everything - "what does that mean?" We love watching his little mind learn and grow. It is quite amazing. Here are a few quotes from the weekend that were quite funny to me. Hopefully it will be to you too.
-------------------
Lane was inspecting his room after JD was asked to clean it up. JD went into our room to put something away and yelled "Dad you need to inspect your room!"
-------------------
JD: "The anger just comes in my body and pushes all the good out."
Joy: "Did you try counting to 10?"
JD: "That doesn't work. I tried it once."
Dad: "Can you count to Mommy's age yet?"
JD: "1, 2, 3, (etc), 20, 21, 22. I counted to 22 and I feel better!!"
(No, I'm not 22...)
-------------------
"A, B, C, (etc), Q, R, C... I'll start over. I just got wound up. A, B, C, (etc), Q, R, X...."
-------------------
JD talking to his cousin Madison on the telephone: "It might seem little compared to you but it is quite big compared to me. I'm 4 1/2!"
-------------------
It was at least 1 in the afternoon and I was taking JD to the restroom in Wal-Mart. "JD, have you gone potty since you woke up this morning?"
"I don't think so."
"Why not?"
"I didn't want to miss anything."
-------------------
JD: "How do germs make you sick? Are they alive? Can I see them with a microscope or magnifying glass? Can we do that sometime?"
Lane begins an explanation of germs and when he gets to the part about how your body gets sick to try to get rid of the bad stuff, Matt exclaims "OH!" in the I-finally-get-it way. Who says this stuff is too complicated for a 3 year old?
-------------------
Ok, so maybe "you had to be there" to enjoy these, but we found them quite funny. They never cease to amaze us!
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Thanks for sharing those pearls of wisdom from a 4-year-old's persepective. I have SO much to look forward to!!
Kids are hilarious. There's just no getting around it. Sometimes I wish my 2-year-old would talk in public (she never stops talking at home but will not talk to strangers) so other people could appreciate just how funny she is.
I think they are very funny!
Joy! How did you keep track of these? I really need to jot down our own comments (now that they flow out of Kana at regular intervals!)
Post a Comment