Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm so proud of him

Matt really impressed me this morning.

I was feeling so discouraged after spending all day yesterday with an awful stomach bug. I barely had the energy to feed them, which was just throwing a bag of goldfish at them and hoping they figured it out. I laid about and kept half an eye and half an ear on them to be sure they were still alive by the end of the day, but I enforced nothing.

Lane had quite a job on his hands when he arrived home, worn and tired from his own day of work. But they figured it out, put the house back together, got a lecture about being more helpful when Mommy is sick, and made it to bed in one piece.

The night was very rough for me, but the morning looked a little brighter.

Matt, bless his little heart, is suffering from his own congestion and misery, yet he was so helpful this morning. Jumping right up to help when I asked and even doing things I didn't ask him to do. It brought tears to my eyes.

Maybe at his wise three years, he is starting to get this.

1 comment:

Kenny and Jen said...

You really do have the best, sweetest kids. Hope you feel better soon!