Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Is that really a good idea?

The boys were playing in our side yard while I fed Moriah lunch and made them sandwiches. I moved on to preparing some of the pieces for our dinner while they were too busy playing to come inside to eat. When finally they did come in, they had interesting tales to tell of their outdoor adventures.

Matt was busy giving me a vivid description of the fire ants, especially the daddy one who does not bite him on this one special finger.

By the way, the boys love to stomp on fire ant hills and see the little guys all scurry out in search of the intruder. I would really prefer they just leave the ants alone, but they are too fascinated, I suppose. At least they have both become wise to stomping and then quickly moving away to watch the activity. If you hang around the ants will quickly crawl all over you and start biting. Not so fun.

Anyway, after the special finger description Matt then started telling me about Dixie getting fire ants on her and having to roll around to get them off. He was laughing and laughing as he described this. I was having trouble seeing the humor and getting concerned about the dog.

Then JD said, “Matt, that’s a good idea!”

Matt said, “Yeah, we should do that some time!”

Pray for the dog…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor sweet Dixie! But seriously girl this so cracked me up! I can just see the boys rollin' now!

Christy said...

Oh, you're in for it now! They're conspiring together. But that is really funny :)