The weather here has been perfect, in the 70's and 80's, so we wanted to get a camping trip in before the hot, hot summer arrives (not to mention we'll be busy with a newborn then). However, I was not crazy about being an uncomfortable 7 months pregnant and trying to sleep in a tent. We found a great compromise by camping right here on base so that Moriah & I could go home to sleep while the boys roughed it.

Matt really enjoyed fishing. He was so amazed that we could camp and fish in the same location. When he woke up Sunday morning, I hear he took a minute to remember where he was, then his eyes popped open and he asked, "Can we go fishing?!" Unfortunately, they had to pack up quickly to come home and get ready for church. I guess that's the downside of only going camping for one night. Maybe we'll try a Friday night next time.

JD thought the fishing was alright, but spent most of his time looking for bugs and exploring. And drinking hot chocolate - a must for camping in his book. The boys were really cute roasting marshmallows too. Matt would stick the marshmallows right into the fire and get a kick out of blowing out the flames. JD would carefully turn his stick until the marshmallow was perfectly roasted. I think that might say something about their different personalities.

Moriah had a good time, but she sure kept me busy. She is at a tough age for camping, as she's very curious and lacks the ability to understand what things are dangerous. I was thankful for the tent, where she and I spent a lot of time singing Itsy Bitsy Spider and such. Though even there, she found a fun game in trying to balance atop the sleeping bag roll and laughing as she fell off backwards. At least by the time we got to the campfire, she was so tired and scared of it that she kept her distance. She's an active one and here are a couple pictures to prove it.

Moriah trying to jump into the pond, while the boys fish. Don't worry, Daddy jumped up and caught her. Of course she tried several more times, saying "lader" and running for it. She is fast but thankfully so are we.

Moriah getting ready to reach for the boiling hot chocolate and coffee. Daddy rescued her again. She didn't even get to try any hot chocolate after it cooled down. Aren't we cruel?


3 comments:
sounds tiring, but fun! :)
Cute! I love how the kids' personalities come through :)
Looks like fun! The kids look like they had a great time :)
Post a Comment