Lane brought home some fresh strawberries yesterday. The kids were very excited and immediately jumped in to help, with Matt cleaning the strawberries, Lane cutting them and JD smashing them to be ready for strawberry shortcake.
Moriah wanted to "help" as well. After all her efforts at grabbing a knife failed, she settled for grabbing a strawberry and shoving it in her mouth, causing the red juice to run out all over her clothes.
"Oh, Moriah, that's a brand new outfit!" I exclaim.
"Mom, you know that Moriah is more valuable than clothes," JD reminds me.
Since when did my 5 year old become my voice of reason?
After all their help the boys wouldn't even eat the strawberries, only the cake and whip cream. But the strawberry juice did wash out of Moriah's new clothes.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Awww... That is a sweet story! I'm looking forward to the day that my children will teach me similar lessons...
I'm glad the strawberry juice came out of her clothes! =)
it's only because you've taught them well!
Post a Comment