Monday, September 10, 2007

Sleep is calling me...

My mind is a blank. I'm sitting here trying to remember what it is I wanted to write about. I had several ideas earlier. They have vanished. I suppose it is best that I go to sleep and try again another day. I feel I am neglecting this blog, but surely you understand.

We are doing well, in case you are wondering. We've been rather busy. I never knew we were so social. I guess without Daddy coming home in the evening, we all crave other friendships. We are entering a new phase of life with the kids too, where their friends are now knocking on our door, asking to play. I'm used to being the one planning the playdates, which are usually a veiled attempt to get time talking with another mommy friend. Now the kids come without my mommy friend to talk to. This is new territory for me.

We've also been having a lot of fun. Somebody must be out there praying for that. I'm not usually the "fun mommy" who can find humor in any situation, but I have been lately. They are so cute and hilarious, even when they are misbehaving. Well, not always when they are misbehaving. Please keep praying for us. I really, truly have felt that helping us.

Not that things are perfect. I'm way far behind with household tasks. And I assume you know how hard it is to raise children. There's a lot of crying, temper tantrums, sibling rivalry, you know, the normal kid stuff. But the kids are doing so much better. We are finally used to Daddy being gone, and we've settled into a new routine, of sorts. That is unfortunate, isn't it though? We really shouldn't be used to him being gone. It doesn't seem right. But it is what it is.

Well, back to that sleeping idea. The children all conspired against me last night, where they got up one after the other all night long. Here's praying tonight is peaceful and restful for us all!

4 comments:

Kenny and Jen said...

Sleep well :)

Leanne said...

Oh.... sleep... I remember that once...I think I had some about 3 months ago! Oh, how I love sleep. Hope you got some!!

Jen Rouse said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you, but I'm glad you're trusting God and hanging in there!

Michelle said...

I don't know how you're doing it with 4 kids aged 5 and under LOL I only have one and find it hard to get dinner made LOL