Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What am I teaching him?

Today at the park...

Me: I'm not sure about taking you kids to that restaurant because I'm not sure it's kid-friendly.

JD: They aren't friendly there?!

(Who wouldn't like kids? I was wrong, anyway. It was a very kid-friendly restaurant and we had a great time eating there. We being 2 adults and 5 kids.)

JD: Which slide should I choose? The curvy lines one or the bumpy one.

Me: The bumpy one.

JD: OK, but that one hurts.

Me: Oh, then the curvy lines one.

JD: Good, that one is the relaxingest.

(So glad.)

----------------------------------------------------

Tonight we had a couple from our church over for dinner. The husband was having fun drilling JD with questions.

Friend: What are you learning in school?

JD: We were in the rainforest. Now we are in the swamp.

Friend: You're in the swamp?

JD: Yep.

(What? You need further explanation?)

Friend: How high can you count?

JD: 1, 2, 3.... 35, 36, 37. That's it.

Friend: Not 38?

JD: Nope.

(How high he counts, all depends on his mood.)

JD: Have you seen my cactuses?

Friend: You mean cacti.

JD: No, cactuses.

Friend: No, it's either cactus or cacti. Cacti is plural.

JD: No, it's cactuses.

Friend: No, it's cacti.

JD: Can't I just call them cactuses?

(According to Webster, the plural can be either cacti or cactuses. So they are both right.)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved the "relaxingest" quote!

Sheree said...

this whole post is a lot of fun