Saturday, October 20, 2007

A future friend

Ahwea: “Hi, I’m JD’s future friend, Ahwea.”

Me: “Nice to meet you. I'm JD's Mom.”

Ahwea: “Tell JD I’m at my house and to come visit me.”

Me: “Where do you live?”

Ahwea: “JD knows.”

Ahwea vanished into the time machine, which looked curiously like a pile of blankets. A few moments later JD appeared.

JD: “Where is Ahwea?”

Me: “He said he’s at his house and you knew were it was. But shouldn’t I go with you? Don’t you take Mom with you to new houses?”

JD: “No. It’s okay. His mom is a teacher. She likes science. And so do I.”

Me: “Oh, okay then?”

JD disappeared into the time machine and soon Ahwea was back.

Me: “Where is JD?”

Ahwea: “He’s at my house.”

Me: “Oh, is he doing science with your mom?”

Ahwea: “No, she was too busy.”

Me: “Mom’s can be busy sometimes.”

Ahwea: “She was busy getting us milk.”

Me: “Ah, yes, usually moms are busy fulfilling the demands of children.”

Ahwea: “Could I have some of your milk? I hear it’s different from milk in the future.”

Me: “Sure. What is milk like in the future?”

Ahwea: “It’s like a combination of milk and honey. They take cow guts and mix it with a bee stinger. But don’t worry. They boil the stinger first so it isn’t poisonous.”

Me: “Oh good. Sounds interesting.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imaginations are a wonderful thing! You do such a good job of encouraging and engaging all your little ones - I am very proud of you and glad you are their Mom.

Christy said...

Cow guts and a bee stinger? That is a good one! We've been animal rescuers over here lately :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

That is so funny. I love kids and their creative play.

Moms are often busy fillfulling demands of their children...

armentafamily said...

I loved this so much I had Ray read it!