Sunday, August 31, 2008

Three wonderful years

... with this sweet little girl.




Notice how far she's standing back from the cupcake. The girl may jump from diving boards, go backwards down slides and not even flinch when a bug jumps on her, but she draws the line at fire. It's a bit too scary. And then I had to make the mistake of buying those candles that just keep lighting after you blow them out - rotten trick! (honestly, it was an innocent mistake - my only thought was "ohhh, these are pink") Her brothers were happy to help out though so all was good.

5 comments:

Sheree said...

Happy birthday! God bless you!

Jen Rouse said...

My daughter used to be scared of candles too, but she got over that. I still don't think she'll ever be a pyro-child though, like her father was. He tells me stories of the scary things he did as a kid and it makes sooo happy that we only have girls.

Michelle said...

happy 3rd birthday! She's so beautiful!

Katy said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I, too, don't like interruptions. I am a bit of a perfectionist about some things....so with Jaxson being only 2....he can be a bit of a stinker...but I am just trying to take it with the flow...realize we have tons of time and there is no rush. I figure this is another way God can work in me and help me to realize things are going to go how they go...and as a Godly mother...I guess all we can do is make the best of it!!! :)
I think us moms need to remind ourselves we are clay...and we need to the The Potter mold us to how He wants us! :o)
I hope you are having an absolutely lovely week and I thank you sooo much for coming by my blog! It means so much! xoxo

Kate said...

Oh! The trick candles. I'll bet that was traumatic.

Happy Birthday.

Kate