Saturday, September 06, 2008

Trying to communicate

This morning when the cartoon character on the tv said "say cheese!" Bethany piped up and said "eesss!"

Did she really just respond to the tv?

The other day I found her trying to put her shoes on. I asked "What are you doing?"

"Ba ba ba joooossss" she replied.

Did she really just try to say shoes?

"You're playing with your shoes?"

She stopped and gave me a really big nod. She's always very deliberate with her nods and shakes of her head when I ask her a question.

This never ceases to amaze me. Watching a child learn about the world around her and learn how to communicate with it, it's amazing. (and sometimes terrifying too - she also just learned how to climb the ladder up to the top bunk bed!)

3 comments:

Kate said...

We had a climber too. She learned to climb before she could talk. This was how she acquired the name, Danger Mouse

It is SO MUCH fun when your little one begins communicating with you!

Kate

Sheree said...

It's amazing to me too! And wonderful (most of the time)!

armentafamily said...

How fun! I love those discoveries too! So good to get to see what's going on in their thoughts.