Our travels from Indiana to North Carolina went well. Lane's mom flew out to help us drive our three vehicles and three children on out here. Even with a tire blow out on the trailer and a night spent in the vehicles instead of a comfy hotel room, we still arrived right when we were hoping to make it.
Now we are settling into life in North Carolina. We are living in military housing for the first time. This base, Cherry Point, has trouble keeping their housing occupied so we were able to get into the senior officer area. Our home is 2 stories with 4 bedroom, 3 baths and hardwood floors throughout.
The kitchen and bathrooms are quite small but our master bedroom is incredibly large. We are buried in boxes now but eventually it’ll be a really nice place to live.Our neighborhood is great too. Not only are the people really nice but we are surrounded by woods. The boys think it is really cool to live in a forest. We enjoy walking and exploring and of course, finding bugs. There are endless possibilities for boyish fun here.
I am trying to fully experience the "culture" here in the South. So I drink sweet tea, which is sold by the gallon everywhere, including McDonald’s. And I’ve bought a little dog named Dixie. Doesn’t that just sound Southern? Sweet Dixie Dog. (pronounced "dawg" of course. How else would you say it?)
I have been trying to talk myself out of wanting a dog until the kids are older and able to help out more. I’ve always been an animal lover, but, boy, was it easier when I was young and my mom took care of all the grunt work. Now I’m the Mom! This responsibility is still amazing to me and I haven’t been ready to take on the addition of dog ownership. But finally all the waiting has paid off and God brought us Dixie. What a surprise and a blessing!


3 comments:
YEAH! Happy arrival! Happy new home & a new family member! WOOHOO!! I was cracking up when Matt reeled in the leash by running back to Dixie. This is gonna be such a great time on your lives. I can't wait to see some inside pics of that mansion of base housing!
PS, it was great to hear a snippet of your laughter. I miss you already!
Happy moving! I'm so glad that you guys made it safely and are settling down into life in N.C. Congrats on the dog, that's great! I'm such a dog-lover and I feel they add so much to a family. =)
Post a Comment