Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Welcome Baby Elijah!


Isn't he beautiful? This is the brand new son of our friends Steve & Lynn. We are delighted for them and quite thankful that they got the little guy out here to meet us before we left.

Sunday morning I got the call that Lynn thought today was the day so be ready to come over anytime. I was the designated child watcher for their other two children and I couldn't be happier to help out. I cannot thank our friends Jess & Griff enough for their awesome help with our boys when I went into labor with Moriah. I know what a comfort it is to have friends near when family is so far.

Lynn is an amazingly tough woman who cheerfully called me several times on Sunday. I kept thinking, she cannot seriously be in labor, she sounds too...um...happy. They finally asked me to come over around 6 in the evening. And really she looked so good and happy. The midwife was already there (they had a home birth) but it was so informal. Lynn walked about, talked with us, even washed the kids' hair before bed. Amazing! I left around 11:00, she still looked great, and Elijah was born 2 1/2 hours later. Ok, this woman is meant to have babies. You don't even want to know how big of a wimp I am.

One more thing about the picture. Notice the cute little girl. That's Madelene. She's six. She's adorable. And she is J.D.'s first crush. It's very cute.

No comments: