On our way to Raleigh a few days ago, Lane received a phone call from the Commanding Officer back at Purdue University. He was confused why Lane's name was not on the list of officers getting promoted. We were surprised to hear that as well. Why wouldn't he get promoted? He obviously deserves it in our book. But we are not the ones who muddle through all the officers and decide who gets promoted. I imagine it is a tough thing, with a bit of politics thrown in the mix, of course.
Anyway, we didn't talk about it much as Lane made phone calls trying to figure out if he really wasn't on the list. I was wondering how I can encourage him. He was wondering what he would do if he got out of the Navy. We spent an hour in this confusion. Then he finally received a phone call that confirmed that he is indeed on the list and can expect to be promoted in the early spring of next year. Phew! What a relief!
So Congratulations to my intelligent and hard-working husband!
Disclaimer: Military things, like all those acronyms, are very confusing to me. Just when I think I have it figured out, I learn something new or something changes. So please don't use me as a source for how promotions work in the military. I'm just writing from my own experience.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yeah, that would be tough! Do you guys have this website:
http://www.npc.navy.mil/Boards/ActiveDutyOfficer/
The select messgae gets posted on here pretty quickly, and you can see his name on the CEC section. Congratulaitons!
Congratulations Joy and Lane! That is incredibly exciting and wonderful news. Congrats!
WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!! Griff told me the other day, but I hadn't made it over to congrat YOU! SeaBees... hoo-RAH!!
Congratulations!
We miss you guys. Kenny and I were just talking this weekend about our old Bible Study.
Anyway, it looks as if you guys are doing great... beautiful kids by the way :)
Congrats once again on the promotion Dude :)
Post a Comment